Comfortable, stylish, traditional – a salwar suit for women is best described with these words. At Koskii, you can explore all these varieties of s... More
Salwar suits Price List
|Pink Sequins Tissue Readymade Sharara Suit||Rs. 7,990|
|Off White Sequins Tissue Readymade Sharara Suit||Rs. 7,990|
|Cream Threadwork Semi Crepe Readymade Anarkali Suit||Rs. 9,990|
|Maroon Sequins Georgette Readymade Anarkali Suit||Rs. 7,990|
|Pink Sequins Georgette Readymade Anarkali Suit||Rs. 7,990|
|Maroon Zariwork Art Silk Readymade Anarkali Suit||Rs. 5,990|
|Purple Zariwork Art Silk Readymade Salwar Suit||Rs. 5,990|
|Peacock Blue Zariwork Art Silk Readymade Anarkali Suit||Rs. 5,990|
Buy Salwar Suits For Women Online
What jeans are to the Western world, the salwar suit is to India. So integral is the salwar suit to our culture that a designer variant can be worn to an extravagant wedding, while a casual cotton salwar suit can be the perfect lounging outfit. The salwar suit has traversed generations and regional boundaries to become more popular than the saree.
Shopping for salwar suits online is a breeze with plenty of options to choose from. Make sure you shop from a trusted brand like Koskii to get the best products and value for your money. From ready-to-wear salwar suits to unstitched materials, designer salwar suits to casual wear, and cottons to chiffons and silk, we will ensure you are spoiled for choice when it comes to meeting your styling needs.
If you are unsure of the fitting of ready-made salwar suits, you can also choose from our semi-stitched or unstitched suit material range and get it stitched to your measurements and style choice. You are sure to get a wider variety of options at more reasonable rates when you shop with us in store or online from any part of the world.
What is a Salwar Suit?
For those who are not familiar with it, the Indian salwar suit can be best described as an ethnic wear pant and top. The top is a long shirt or knee-length tunic, though numerous style variations exist: This is the kameez which is typically worn over loose or tight pants, called the salwar, and paired with a long scarf called a dupatta; this whole ensemble is called the Indian salwar kameez.
While it is typically considered a suit for women, men also wear a version of the salwar kameez without the dupatta. Many celebrities outside of India have embraced the comfort and gracefulness of the salwar kameez by adding it to their own collections.
Among Indian women's ethnic wear, the salwar suit is both captivating and modest at the same time. This ensemble is worn by most Indian women almost every day for all activities, indoors or outdoors, and is one of the most versatile ethnic outfits. They are also easy to mix and match to create multiple styles and looks. A handful of salwar kameez sets are a must have for any Indian wardrobe.
Koskii has an extensive collection of salwar suits, particularly those worn on special or festive occasions. Our wide range of salwar suits caters to multiple needs and budgets. So, do have a look at our extensive collection and snap up a few to impress on the next occasion.
Types of Indian Salwar Suits for Women
You don’t need to travel great distances and visit multiple shops before settling on the perfect salwar suit. Koskii has made it easier for you by offering a wide range of products that will suit your budget.
There are many variations of the basic salwar suit, each offering a different silhouette. To know what will suit your body type and occasion, you need to know what types of suits are available. Listed here are the various types of salwar suits you would generally find when shopping for Indian salwar kameez online:
- Anarkali Suit: These gorgeous salwar suits are dramatically stunning. Worn chiefly during special occasions, the Anarkali is a salwar suit for women with the glamour of a gown with a full skirt, and the convenience of a salwar suit. These are perfect for weddings, bridal wear, festivals, and similar occasions.
- Sharara Suit: This is a flattering silhouette for any body shape. A sharara is a pant that is fitted till the knees then flares out into a skirt almost. It is worn with a short, fitted kurta. It can be styled casually or dressed up for special occasions.
- Palazzo Suit: In this style, instead of a typical salwar, the tunic is paired with loose-flowing pants called the palazzo. This salwar design promotes a relaxed and flowing silhouette. Dressed up, the palazzo salwar suit can be worn to weddings or festive occasions. Dressed down, it can even be worn to the supermarket.
- Punjabi Salwar Suit or the Patiala: Like the palazzo, the punjabi salwar suit is paired with a patiala salwar, which is a loose and baggy bottom but narrow at the ankles. It borrows inspiration from traditional men's wear in Punjab. It is perfect for hot summers, and it creates the ideal silhouette for women with pear-shaped bodies.
- Short kurta or Kurti: Instead of the knee-length kameez, the need for freedom of movement has prompted the emergence of the short kurta or kurti as a popular alternative to the traditional salwar kameez. Worn with jeans or loose pants, this kind of kurta set for women is a favourite among the young. This salwar kameez suit can be worn every day.
- Cigarette pants: Cigarette pants offer an indo-western fusion in fashion. The structured look of cigarette pants blends seamlessly with the more free-flowing kurta or kameez. Perfect for the office, this salwar kameez suit tops the list of those who want a no-fuss professional look.
- Pakistani Suits: These suits are similar to regular salwar kameez but influenced by regional embellishment styles. Pakistani suits look very elegant and festive with intricate embroidery work.
- A-line & Jacket style salwar suits: When you want a more defined silhouette, or are just looking to layer up for colder weather, you can opt for A-line and jacket style salwar suits. They look very professional and can also be worn on formal occasions.
When you shop at Koskii, you will be able to access all of these styles of salwar kameez and more.
Step-By-Step Guide to Buying Salwar Suits For Women Online
When you look for an Indian salwar kameez online, there are several factors that you need to consider.
Salwar Suits That Matches Occasion
Whether you want a formal, occasion-based salwar suit or one you will regularly wear, choosing the right type of salwar suit is essential. Here are some salwar suits you’ll need for different occasions.
- Wedding Salwar Suits: Many cultures prefer to wear salwar suits instead of sarees at weddings. Whether you’re the bride or a guest, if you’re looking for a wedding suit orhaldi suit, you’ll find heavily embellished suits in luxurious fabrics to mark the occasion.
- Festive Suits: India is a land of festivals, and each festival is a chance to wear your finest. A suit for Diwali would be elegant and richly embellished, whereas a suit for a Holi party would be light and colourful.
- Party Wear Suit: Apart from weddings and festivals, there are many smaller occasions that warrant a glamorous look. Party wear suits need not be as heavy as a festive outfit, but should still look and feel luxurious.
- Salwar Suits For Everyday Wear: Salwar suits are also used for daily wear, whether at home or as office wear. Light cotton fabrics that can be mixed and matched to create a different look each time are the best for this purpose.
Gorgeous Salwar Suit Neck Designs for an Impressive Appeal
Choosing a unique salwar back neck design can add an alluring appeal to the entire look. At Koskii, you will find salwar suits in various neck designs. Below are just some examples
- A V-shaped neckline elongates your neck line, and gives an overall slimmer look
- A round neckline is the perfect place to rest a heavily embellished dupatta or to show off your necklace
- A square neckline to broaden your shoulders and gives more balance to your figure, especially for pear-shaped women
- A spaghetti strap kurta gives the wearer a youthful look and can be worn if you are comfortable showing some skin.
All our suits are designed with fascinating front and back neck designs for a charming appearance.
Choosing a Salwar Suit for Women in Complementing Colours for Every Skin Tone
Warm colours, like greens and browns, suit warmer skin tones, while cooler shades like pastels suit people with a cool skin tone. Once you narrow down the range of colours that suit you, then you can select the structure or cut, the embroidery on it, and more. Finding the right salwar kameez design that suits your body type and colouring is essential.
- Black Salwar Suits: These are best to be worn for evenings, and they can be dressed up with a colourful shawl or dupatta to add some colour.
- Yellow Salwar Suits: Shine in the day like the sun with bright yellow. You can wear it monochromatically or pair it with a complementing colour like blue.
- Red Salwar Suits: Red is fire and will stand out in the crowd, whether it is day or night. It is also very festive and pairs well with gold accessories.
- Green Salwar Suits: Green can be sober or vibrant depending on the shade you pick - a dark forest green or a bright lime green - making it a very versatile colour to have in your wardrobe.
- Maroon Salwar Suits: If red is too much for you to handle, maroon is a more elegant colour that you can go for. It does stand out but also blends in without making it obvious.
- Pink Salwar Suits: Pink is a dainty colour and suits women of all ages, whether they are young or much older.
- Grey Salwar Suits: Grey goes surprisingly well with bright colours like red and pink as well as more subtler colours like blue and green. Grey gives you a more sober and sophisticated look overall.
Choosing the Right Salwar Suit Material
The material of your clothes add a different dimension to the style. Cotton will sit differently than georgette affecting the way your attire drapes over your body and also the look and feel of the salwar suit. Here are some fabrics to choose from:
- Organza suits have a subtle sheen and are sheer, making it a delicate fabric but also very elegant. Any embroidery will show up beautifully on it.
- Cotton suits are the most comfortable of all fabrics in the summers and can be styled in different ways suiting any body type.
- Banarasi suits look festive and are usually worn on special occasions as they can be a little heavy.
- Georgette is a flowy fabric and Georgette Suits can be made to wear for casual or festive occasions depending on the embellishments and accessories.
- Bandhani suit styles are colourful and vibrant and best suited for festivals and pujas.
- A blend of silk and cotton, a Chanderi Suit gives you the best of both worlds - the comfort of cotton and the softness and shine of silk.
Varied Length for Varied Body Type
While selecting a salwar suit, consider the kameez length depending on your height or preference. Wearing a knee-length kurta makes your legs look longer. So, choose it if you want to look taller. However, if you want to show off those curves, long simple salwar suits are a way to go!
At Koskii, we offer unstitched salwar suits for those who might not fit standard measurements and want the freedom to customise the salwar to their liking.
Frequently Asked Questions on Salwar Suits
Which material is best for a salwar suit?
You can choose the material for a salwar suit as per your comfort. At Koskii, you can find salwar suit materials in multiple fabrics like georgette, silk, chanderi, semi-crepe, and many more.
Which Colour is best for a salwar suit?
At Koskii, we have a varied range of salwar suits available in multiple colours like beige, black, bottle green, blue, brown, golden, etc. You can pick any colour of your preference or the one that is trending like nude shades.
How can a girl look good in a salwar suit?
Girls always look gorgeous in salwar suits. However, if you want to make a statement, you can focus on the design and style of a salwar suit. Selecting the perfect length, sleeves, neck design, and colour will enhance your overall look even more.